Most Saturday mornings I take a trip to the nearby farmers’ market to stock up for the week. By the end of the week, I am usually short on fresh vegetables. This week, I ended up with an aubergine and a sweet potato amongst a few other things.
A while ago, I came across an interesting recipe using these ingredients and thought to give it a try. It is a very easy recipe, it is done in no time and ideal for a weeknight dinner.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 aubergine, medium size
- 2 tbsps miso paste
- 1 sweet potato, medium size
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 400ml hot water
- Salt & pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel the aubergine. Using the back of a spoon, spread the miso paste all over the aubergine. Place it in a baking tray.
- Wash the sweet potato and cut into wedges, season with salt and pepper, and place them in the baking tray together with the aubergine.
- Add 250ml water to the tray as well as the coconut oil. Pop into the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Add the remaining 150ml of hot water to the baking tray and roast for another 10 minutes. Check if the aubergine is cooked through by inserting a knife in the middle.
- Slice the aubergine into 1-inch thickness and serve together with the sweet potato.
- Deglaze the baking tray and pour the gravy over the aubergine.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh parsley.
And here it is… Bon appétit!