I have recently posted the recipe for Cranberry Cashew Bites. I made them a couple of times now as they are great to snack on and can satisfy a sweet tooth without having additional sugars.
This week I made something similar using different ingredients. I used hazelnuts and almonds as the main ingredients here and pitted dates to combine the mixture altogether. The choice of nuts is completely up to you – you may use different nuts or a combination of various nuts. To make them fudgy, I used unsweetened cocoa powder and a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to bring out the chocolatey taste. For a more indulgent treat, I added a tablespoon of ginger liquor, which complemented the taste wonderfully. An alternative for this would be chocolate liquor. This is, however, optional and they are delicious just the same without it.
Just like the Cranberry Cashew Bites, these Fudgy Chocolate Balls are super easy to prepare and can be done in a couple of minutes. They are great as a snack or as a dessert after a delicious meal. They are raw, gluten free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Fudgy Chocolate Balls
Fudgy, sweet and tasty healthy treats
- 140g hazelnuts
- 100g almonds
- 175g pitted dates
- 35g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ginger liquor (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- In a food processor combine the hazelnuts, almonds and salt and mix until they are finely ground.
- Add the dates, cocoa powder, vanilla and liquor and mix until everything is well combined. Add the water a tablespoon at a time to form a dough-like mixture.
- Take 1.5-2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll in your hands to form a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.