Do you want to treat yourself or your loved ones with some delicious muffins? 😍
These muffins are so easy and quick to prepare. There is no need for any fancy equipment.. just 2 bowls and a spatula! I bet you have those in your kitchen already 😉
These muffins are healthy and super tasty. They are soft in texture, with a pop of juice from the blueberries. I have used fresh blueberries. However, if fresh ones are not available for you, you can also opt for frozen ones. Just chuck them in the batter directly from the freezer.
This recipe calls for buttermilk. In case this is hard to get your hands on, do not be discouraged. This can simply be replaced with a tablespoon of lemon juice and 245ml of milk. Mix both ingredients together and let them stand for at least 5 minutes until the acidity from the lemon juice starts curdling the milk.
The blueberry oat muffins are ideal as breakfast on the go or as a snack. They pair excellently with a cup of freshly brewed tea or coffee!
Blueberry Oat Muffins
A soft, light and fluffy muffin with a pop of blueberry juice
- 100g wholegrain rolled oats
- 250g buttermilk
- 130g wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 55g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- In a small bowl, combine the rolled oats with the buttermilk.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Add the sugar, egg, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest to the buttermilk mixture and mix well. Make sure that the egg is well beaten and all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the dry onto the wet ingredients and fold until there are no visible dry lumps.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until the muffins are nice and golden on top.