Do you want to prepare an easy dessert for Easter lunch at home? And you have not decided on what to prepare yet? Here’s your answer! 🙂
This chocolate orange mousse is rich and decadent, using mascarpone cheese as the base and it is flavoured with dark chocolate and fresh oranges. It is a simple no-bake recipe, which can be prepared in a couple of minutes and can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and stored in the fridge. It is ideal to portion it out in pretty little glasses so everyone can have their own dessert.
You can decorate with the mousse with fresh berries, shaved chocolate, orange zest or chopped almonds depending on your preference.
Chocolate Orange Mousse
A simple yet rich and decadent dessert.
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 4-6 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar, orange zest and juice and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, whisk together until a smooth silky consistency is achieved.
- Add the melted chocolate and cocoa powder and whisk for another minute until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into the serving glasses and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.